Thursday, June 14, 2012

Living Below the Line - Day 2

Rahinat Emily Koti-Major here again!

My day was going well, for breakfast I had oatmeal with a rice cake (unsalted). Then I had plain 'ol tuna from the can. After all that I had about 95 cents left for dinner. But during dinner temptation came into play. 

My mom has been supporting me in this challenge by locking the freezer and refrigerator for my sake and also by not eating in front of me. But for some reason she was just acting devilish today. She ended up cooking my favorite dish for dinner "shrimp and okra." Once she was done cooking it she realized what she has done and said sorry but then also taunted me and said that if I feel like giving up/in the food is on the stove for me. 
Delicious shrimp and okra
As much as I loved the smell and knew that it would taste soo good I didn't give in. But every now and then when I made my way towards the kitchen to get some water, my mom would peek to see if I was going to the stove for a little taste but I restrained myself. 
After all that happened I just laughed at my mom and we talked for the rest of the night. And she gave me this little analogy saying, in life there are a lot of test along the way and she wanted to see if I was weak-minded or strong-minded. I guess I passed the test. I am so thankful for her support in the things I do although sometimes she makes me want to renege, but I keep my mind focused on knowing that the end is near. 


For dinner I had chicken flavored Ramen noodles instead. And this was my trying Day 2. 





Sincerely, 
Rahinat Emily Koti-Major

No comments:

Post a Comment