Monday, June 24, 2013

A Message from Vicky Torunidis



Dear Berkeley Cares Blog Readers,

As you may know, I have had diabetes since 1997. Because finding a cure and better treatments is of utmost importance to me personally, I am participating in the Tour de Cure. I am riding as a Red Rider, someone who rides with diabetes. I plan to do anywhere from the 62.3 mile route to the 100 mile route.

Having diabetes can be difficult at times. There are highs and lows, quite literally. But what I've learned is that behind every person with diabetes, there is an amazing support system. My family, friends, doctors, nurses and others make me realize that I am not alone.

Participating in this Tour shows me that beyond my own support system there are thousands of compassionate people dedicated to fighting diabetes by riding and raising money as a community.
Today, I am asking you to join my fight. Will you make a donation in support of my efforts?

With your help, I am supporting the programs that the American Diabetes Association provides for millions of people like myself. Ultimately our goal is to prevent and cure diabetes for good!

You can support me by clicking on the link at the bottom of this post to make a donation. Your generosity would mean so much to me.

Thank you,

Vicky

Click here to visit my personal page.

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address: http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?px=6004059&pg=personal&fr_id=8800&et=htGJyqscmaSvSHidcLYO-Q

Click here to view the team page for Team Hellas

If the text above does not appear as a clickable link, you can visit the web address:

http://main.diabetes.org/site/TR?
team_id=566033&pg=team&fr_id=8800&et=CwShqK4WmlgiYnYYznLyIA

No comments:

Post a Comment